Monday, August 3, 2009

Poetry


One of the genres that I had to study whilst going through one of Unisa's modules in Literature is poetry, it is offered by the Faculty of Arts and the module is called An introduction to Literary Genres.

This exercise led me into writing a poem......
I wrote this poem during my most distressed and darkest moments and I want to share it with you, it goes like this:

Prayer for my Soul

I pray for my spirit
I pray for my soul,
To get out of this black hole

That threatens to overwhelm me
Lord I might not see,
Beyond my despair
All I see is my pain

I pray for my spirit
I pray for my soul,
To keep my sanity whole

Look out spirit the devil chases you
Listen and be still,
Don’t consume those pills

Lest you perish and die
Without knowing where your passions lie
Lord I pray that and day,
My soul will be redeemed
And my spirit released

This poem culminated into a healing process for me and each time I read it, I get reminded that life cannot always be sunshine.....
Every sunshine is followed by dusk, then darkness.
But every dusk has its dawn followed by another sunshine

Keep on blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment