Thursday, December 18, 2008

My first new book, watch this space!

I am publishing my first children's ebook and I am so excited!

The publishing will be done through Electric Book Works around February 2009.

It's a short story about a little girl, Lara who lives in a haunted house and she tries to convince her mother that there is a ghost in their house.
Like most grown ups, Lara's mother finds it hard to believe Lara's story.....

Jezze will be doing all my illustrations for this book.
I was inspired to write after reading an article in Oprah Winfrey's O magazine about women who earn a living by doing what they love and I thought.....why not?

My first reading experience was when I was 6years old, I came across an old copy of The Citizen newspaper (yes it was in existence then) and started paging through the classifieds (don't ask me why, cause I don't know).....until, I am told, my mother gently turn the pages around because I was holding it upside down!

My first editor was my 12 year old daughter.
After she read the first draft halfway and 'politely' telling me that the story is not scary at all.......
I re-wrote the whole story from scratch, it took me a week and guess what?
I cannot wait to see the finished product and your adventurous boys and girls will love it!

Be on the look out for it early next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment